Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Manifesto

As this is my first post, I suppose I should explain what this blog is all about. Being the political junkie that I am, I can't help but notice the progressive dilution of the conservative movement. What was once clearly defined is now seemingly nothing but a brand many decidedly nonconservative (dare I say liberal) politicians seek.

I have always known that liberalism must always be opposed, always be fought against. It will never die, there will never be a final victory. It will always emerge in a new form with new advocates. That is the purpose of Conservatism. As the late William F. Buckley famously put it:

“A Conservative is a fellow who is standing athwart history yelling 'Stop!'"

With his passing, the last of the original conservative icons is gone, just as the movement seems to be losing itself. That is the purpose of my little blog. Conservatism is a concrete ideology. While there is room for debate among friends, there is no room for the liberal syncretism that seems to be en vogue right now. While I am no William Buckley, I will do my best to advocate the pillars of Conservatism in the hopes that they may at least inspire thought in a stray reader.

No comments: