Friday, July 18, 2008

VP Blues

Please John McCain, don't put Mike Huckabee on the ticket. I'm almost (almost) resigned to voting for you, most likely in a drunken stupor, but if you put the Huckster in the VP slot, I'm done. Adios muchacho, not a chance in hell that I'd vote for the liberal Republican dream ticket. It would be Ford and Rockefeller all over again, and had I been alive in 1975, that would have really pissed me off. I'm sure, however, that as usual McCain will take the path of "what will piss off conservatives the most" and choose the Huckster, or Lindsey Graham (whom I despise perhaps more than John McCain), or Joe Lieberman (whom I believe is a good man, but clearly a liberal).

In that line of thought however, I don't think I'd want Mitt Romney on the ticket either. Two reasons A: I don't want him tainted by the horror that's sure to be the McCain administration. I don't want to see Mitt or Bobby Jindal have to trot out before the camera and toe the administration line on what ever liberal crap McCain wants to do. It will kill me a little bit inside. B: I don't think I'm asshole enough (yet) to root for McCain's death for 4 years so Mitt can take over. I'm just not yet comfortable with wishing death on someone at this point in my life. Give me time. In a couple of years I'm sure I'll be so cynical and jaded (especially after a McCain administration) that I'll have no scruples with hoping a politician would die, but I'm just not ready yet.

I guess best case scenario, McCain chooses a well known conservative with no real political future to be ruined by his association with the administration. Maybe a Tom Delay type? I'd be happy with that. (McCain would NEVER do it however).

You know what? Screw it. Let's just get Mike Gravel and be done with it.

No comments: